After the successful launch of TU-2 pedal tuner in year 1998, it had soon became Boss’s best-selling chromatic pedal tuner of all time. However, the pedal’s +/- 3cents accuracy had always been seen as a downside among the users. After years of waiting, Boss had finally release the new generation, Boss TU-3 by retaining all the features from its predecessor and plus a few more enhancements.
Built with a solid stompbox chassis, Boss TU-3 outshines other pedal tuners by its new high-brightness meter mode. This feature greatly improves the visibility under bright sunlight. 21-segment LED meter with brightness control makes tuning much more accurate and visible too. Unlike the TU-2 with accuracy of +/- 3 cents, the new TU-3 improves to +/- 1 cent. The improvement is definitely an exciting breakthrough to all Boss pedal lovers.
Other features of Boss TU-3 includes ‘AccuPitch’ confirmation display after the tuning is complete, drop tuning up to 6 semitones and bass tuning up to 3 flats. This tuner will also mute the amp when the pedal is on, so that others won’t hear your dirty tuning business. Read more reviews here.
IN A NUTSHELL
- Improved accuracy
- High brightness mode
- Easy to use and operate
- Bypass jack
- The flat symbol a little too small
- Manufacturer: Boss
- Model: TU-3
- Tuning Range: C0 (16.35Hz)–C8 (4186Hz)
- Reference Pitch: A4=436–445 Hz (1Hz step)
- Tuning Accuracy: ±1 cent
- Power Supply: DC 9 V: Dry battery 6F22 (9 V) type (carbon), Dry battery 6LR61 (9 V) type (alkaline), AC Adaptor (PSA series: optional)
- Current Draw: 30 mA (DC 9 V), 85 mA (DC 9 V, when High Brightness mode is on)