Korg GA-1 is a newer version to the CA-1 and like most of the Korg tuner, this gadget is very easy to use and generally self-explanatory. This tuner is fairly sensitive and it works just fine. For the price tag under $20, this tuner delivers great value to the user.
FEATURE AND PERFORMANCE
Korg GA-1 is a guitar and bass tuner which offers flat tuning and audible note for each string through a built-in speaker. Unlike stompbox tuner which normally comes pretty bulky, this tuner is handy for practice room, backstage or for setting the harmonics in a workshop environment. The design looks great, i.e. in black plastic housing and size slightly larger than a credit card. The compact size makes it easily fits in a shirt pocket, on a music stand or inside a gig bag. It runs on 2 AAA batteries. Other features include ¼” input jack, guitar/bass push button, flat button for tuning down, sound button for audible notes, etc. Read more user reviews.
HOW TO USE KORG-GA1
- Press the red power on button.
- Pluck your guitar’s bottom string (high E). You should see the top left corner of the display read as 1E. The digital needle will be moving to the right or left.
- If it moves to the left, you should tighten the string
- If it moves to the right, you should loosen the string.
- Once you had gotten the digital needle stay in the center and the green light is on, is time to move to tune the next string.
- Do the same process for each string. The sequence should be E1, B2, G3, D4, A5 and E6 (from the bottom up)
Do the tuning slow in order not to break your guitar strings. Before you start using your new Korg GA-1, you are recommended to install a new set of strings on your instrument. Reason is as the strings get old, beside the sound losing their sparkle, the tuning consistency will also drop.
SPECS FOR KORG GA-1
- Tuning: 12 note equal-tempered
- Detection range: 23.12Hz – 1975.54Hz
- Guitar Reference tone: 7B-6E-5A-4D-3G-2B-1E
- Bass Reference tone: LB-4E-3A-2D-1G-HC
- Built-in Speaker
- Tuning modes: Meter (auto guitar/bass) and Sound (auto guitar/bass)
- Flat tuning: 1 – 5 semitones “Quinta Flat”
- Tuning accuracy: +/-1cent
- Sound accuracy:+/-1.5cent
- Connection jack: Input jack (1/4″ mono)
- Power supply: Two AAA batteries 3V
- Dimensions: 4.02″(102mm) Wide x 2.32″(59mm) Deep x 0.63(16mm) High
- Weight: 2.54 oz (72g) (Including batteries)
IN A NUTSHELL
- Compact size
- Easy to use
- Value for money
- Very sensitive to background noise (TV, kids)