What makes Korg Pitchblack stand out from other pedals is its compact size and ease of use. This handy little tuner solidly built with aluminium casing and has the least cluttered looks than any other pedals. We all know that Korg has been one of the most trusted electronic tuner makers of all time, and Pitchblack is a brilliant upgrade in terms of precision and functionality.
At a glance, Pitchblack gives us a promising outlook design. This pedal is smoothly shaped with aluminium chassis in satin black finishing. The unit is fairly heavy for its size and makes a very solid plus reliable impression. Pitchblack is a true bypass pedal and with a DC out jack makes it pretty much perfect. The pedal offers 4 different type of tuning modes: Meter Mode, Full Strobe Mode, Half Strobe Mode and Mirror Mode. The tuning accuracy (+/- 1 cent) is perfectly acceptable for a stage tuner. This chromatic pedal tuner is a fairly straight forward, sleek, simple, and easy to use. Read more reviews here.
IN A NUTSHELL
- True bypass
- Solid, compact and sleek design
- Great visibility and multi display settings
- The battery compartment access is a plastic clip cover which is a minus to its solidity.
- Tuning: 12 note equal temperament
- Detection accuracy: +/- 1 cent
- Detection range: E0 (20.60 Hz) — C8 (4186 Hz)
- Calibration range: 436–445 Hz (1 Hz steps)
- Display modes (auto): Full Strobe, Half Strobe, Meter, and Mirror
- Input impedance: 1 M ohms (when tuner is on)
- Connectors: INPUT (mono 1/4″ jack), BYPASS (mono 1/4″ jack), DC IN (9V), DC OUT (9V)
- Power supply: (9V battery) or 9V AC adaptor
- Dimensions: 2.68” (W) ×4.72” (H) ×1.85” (D) (including feet)
- Weight: 0.64 lbs (including battery)