Korg CA-1 is currently on sale on Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada!
It is not easy to find a good tuner which able to tune all sort of orchestra instruments, including the string bass, because most of the cheap brands unable to pick up low notes accurately. Korg CA-1 is one of a great tuner in terms of quality and performance. This gadget works great in tuning all sort of stringed instruments.
FEATURE AND PERFORMANCE
The design of Korg CA-1 is plain simple and compact. It is small enough to fit in any instrument case. With pitch detection range covers C1 – C8 and calibration function supports a variety concerts pitches, Korg CA-1 is very easy to use and fast to tune. It features a quarter-inch jack for input, and plus minus keys for tuning in another pitch close to what you are in.
If you are new to electronic tuner, here are couples of things to note. The default setting is for A=440, which is standard concert pitch and you should never need to touch the ‘CALIB’ buttons. Power on your tuner and pluck a string. The LCD needle will be moving left and right. If the needle moves to the right, it is sharp; and it moves to the left, it is flat. You will just have to adjust the tuning peg until it is straight up on zero and turn to green light. You will notice the actual note being display on the upper right of the screen. Read more user reviews.
- Tuning: 12 note equal-tempered
- Detection range: C1 (32.70Hz) – C8 (4186.01Hz)
- Reference tone: C4 (261.33Hz) – C5 (523.25Hz)
- One octave (Built-in Speaker)
- Tuning modes: Meter (auto), Sound (manual)
- Calibration: 410 – 480Hz (1Hz steps)
- Tuning accuracy: +/-1cent
- Sound accuracy: +/-1.5cent
- Connection jack: Input jack (1/4″ mono)
- Power supply: Two AAA batteries 3V
- Dimensions: 4.02″(102mm) Wide x 2.32″(59mm) Deep x 0.63(16mm) High
- Weight: 2.54 oz (72g) (Including batteries)
IN A NUTSHELL
- Easy to use
- Small convienent size
- Value for money
- Somewhat difficult to see the screen