When a guitar player performing on stage, one of the most annoying incidents could happen is to having to tune between songs during the gig. We need an extremely sensitive tuning device to get the job done with highly accuracy. For such requirement, PolyTune seems to be an ideal problem solver. It is a brand new pedal tuner from TC Electronic with patented polychromatic tuning technology.
- Manufacturer: TC Electronic
- Tuning Accuracy: +/- 0.5 cent
- Reference Pitch: A4 = 435 to 445Hz (1 Hz steps)
- Input Impedance: 500 kOhm (pedal on)
- Power Supply: One 9V type battery or AC adapter (9V DC), – sold separately
- Current Draw: 45-50 mA (typical use)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 72 mm x 122 mm x 45 mm
- Weight: 300 g/10.6 oz (incl. battery)
- Read more
PolyTune had been widely reviewed as a player tool, as well as a studio tool. The tuner size itself is handy and comes with a big and clear display, which makes it easier to read on stage. It is very user friendly and what you need to do is simply strum across the open strings of your guitar, the red LEDs show above or below the green will tell you which string need to be touched up.
The best part is, you can choose to tune in the polyphonic display mode, or simply pluck a single string and tuner will automatically switches to chromatic single note display. Overall, the reading is highly accurate in polyphonic mode and even more accurate in chromatic mode. The true bypass feature allows your tone to flow unaffected when the pedal is bypassed and for silent tuning once engaged. Read more user reviews.
IN A NUTSHELL
- Fast-responding and accurate
- Highly visible and good readability
- Work with drop tunings
- Power pass-through
- No built-in MIC
- Need external MIC or line level signal for tuning acoustic guitars
- Polyphonic mode does not support alternate tunings